NaturEtrade creating a marketplace for ecosystem services
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
WHAT'S IN THESE TERMS?
Thank you for visiting our website www.naturetrade.ox.ac.uk (the "Site"). These terms govern your use of the Site, whether as a visitor or as a user with a registered account.
WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
The Site is operated by the Oxford Long-Term Ecology Laboratory of the Department of Zoology, which is a department within the University of Oxford ("we") or ("us"). The University’s full name is "The Chancellor, Masters and Scholars of the University of Oxford". The University’s administrative offices are at Wellington Square, Oxford OX1 2JD, United Kingdom.
To contact us, please email email@example.com or telephone on +44 1865 275 019.
BY USING THE SITE YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS
THERE ARE OTHER TERMS THAT MAY APPLY TO YOU
- our Privacy Notice, which sets out the terms on which we process any personal data provided to us by you. Note that NaturEtrade is a collaboration between us and the Sylva Foundation, and the Sylva Foundation is joint data controller with us in relation to such personal data; and
- our Terms of Service will, once published, apply to any transactions concluded through the accounts of registered users of the Site. We have not yet implemented transaction functions on the Site.
WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We amend these terms from time to time. Please check the Site regularly to ensure that you understand the terms that apply each time you use it.
WE MAY CHANGE, SUSPEND OR WITHDRAW THE SITE
The Site, including registered user accounts, is available free of charge.
We may update and change the Site from time to time.
We do not guarantee that the Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of the Site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give our registered users reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
YOU MUST KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS SAFE
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. You are responsible for all activity that takes place on your account.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, or if you become aware of any apparent breaches of security such as loss, theft or unauthorised disclosure, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW YOU MAY USE MATERIAL ON THE SITE
You must use the Site in a manner consistent with all applicable laws, legislation, rules and regulations.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on the Site must always be acknowledged.
Subject to our Terms of Service (once published), you must not use any part of the content on the Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
DO NOT RELY ON INFORMATION ON THIS SITE
Certain content on the Site, and in particular land cover report content, is provided to assist landowners and sponsors of ecosystem services in connection with their agreed sponsorships. However, that content, and all other content on the Site, is provided for general information only and is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. It is your responsibility to obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on the Site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on the Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the Site, including land cover report content, is accurate, complete or up to date. We are not responsible for the results of reliance on any such information.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WEBSITES WE LINK TO
The terms and conditions of any other websites that you link to through this site will also apply to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions including the present ones.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
Whether you are a consumer or using the Site in connection with your business:
- we do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability in connection with transactions concluded through your user account, which will be set out in our Terms of Service; and
- to the extent permitted by law, we do not warrant that use of this site will not infringe the rights of any other person or organisation, and we accept no responsibility or liability for any material communicated by you or any third parties via the Site.
If you are using the Site in connection with your business:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to the Site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, the Site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are using the Site as a consumer, please note that we only provide the Site for domestic and private use of consumers. You agree not to use the Site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
POSTING MATERIAL ON THE SITE
We do not intend to regularly monitor the use of the Site or data transmitted to it. However, if we become aware that you are misusing the Site, we reserve the right to take appropriate actions, which may include excluding you and your affiliates from accessing the Site and removing all data and materials that you may have transmitted.
Any information submitted to us through this site will be held and used in accordance with our Privacy Notice.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VIRUSES AND YOU MUST NOT INTRODUCE THEM
We do not guarantee that the Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access the Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse the Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site. You must not attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Site will cease immediately.
If you breach any of these terms, you agree to indemnify us for any losses, costs or damages, including reasonable legal fees, incurred by us in relation to, or arising out of, such a breach.
VALIDITY OF THESE TERMS
If any part of these terms is declared invalid for any reason by a court of competent jurisdiction, this will not affect the validity of any remaining part of the terms. Any such remaining part will remain in full force and effect as if the invalid part of the terms had been eliminated.
WHICH COUNTRY'S LAWS APPLY TO ANY DISPUTES?