NaturEtrade creating a marketplace for ecosystem services
General usage of the www.naturetrade.net ("the website")
Rules for all users
You agree to the following rules/restrictions and acknowledge that violation of any of them constitutes grounds for immediate termination of your access to the Website without further notice, in our sole discretion:
- You will not engage in fraudulent activity of any kind, including by forging information, impersonating other people, contributing information which you know to be false, misleading, inaccurate or incomplete, or misrepresenting your affiliation with any person or entity.
- You will not use the Website in any manner that may be considered objectionable, such as by using the Website to upload, post, display, or otherwise transmit any content that is false, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, libellous, criminal or invasive of another's privacy.
- You will not violate or attempt to violate the security of the Website, use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website, or take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure.
- You will not launch any automated system, including without limitation, "robots," "spiders," "offline readers," or other mechanisms, that access the Website in a manner that sends more request messages to our servers in a given period of time than can reasonably be produced by an individual in the same period using a conventional on-line web browser.
- You will comply with all applicable laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of the Website and will not use the Website for unlawful purposes.
- You will not knowingly post, upload, email, link to, or otherwise transmit any content that contains any viruses, cancel bots, Trojan horses, harmful code, or other computer software or program designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the Website or impair others' ability to enjoy the Website, or the proper functioning of any software or hardware or equipment or materials used in connection with the Website.
- You will not infringe, misappropriate, or otherwise violate any existing local, national or international copyright, trademark, service mark, trade name, patent, right of publicity or privacy, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of any person or entity whatsoever.
- If any security breach or unauthorized use of your account occurs, you will notify the Sylva Foundation immediately in writing or via email. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password and are responsible for any unauthorised use.
- Under no circumstances will information provide on this site be directly or indirectly use for any financial gain unless prior permission is sort from NaturEtrade. (NEW)
- All information displayed on this site is indicative and NaturEtrade shall not be held liable for any interpretations of this data and for any use of data derived from the NaturEtrade website within or beyond the scope of this website. (NEW)
The Website's maps and directories
NaturEtrade will have no liability to you for any losses, damages or expenses arising from your use or inability to use or access the Website or from any action taken (or refrained from being taken) as a result of using the Website.
Our commitment to you
Information we collect
How we use information
We use the information we collect to provide the Services and to communicate with you. We do not rent or sell personal information and will only share your information in the following circumstances:
- When you have consented or directed us to share the information.
- With service providers or affiliate companies who perform services on our behalf.
- In order to satisfy any requirement under the law or to protect our rights or prevent any concerns relating to fraud or security.
- In the event of a merger or sale of all or part of our business whereby personal information may be transferred as an asset of the business.
We may share with third parties aggregate information. This will only be land resource statistical information and WILL NOT identify any individual's, name, address or land holdings (please see categories of information below).
Communicating with you
If you prefer not to receive emails about our Services, you may opt out of such communications by following the instructions at the bottom of any of our emails, or by amending your preferences in your NaturEtrade account.
Safety and security
Personal information is processed and stored in our databases and we have taken reasonable steps to secure and protect the information under our control, including establishing processes to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure of this information. However, whilst we make every effort to ensure the security of your information, we are unable to guarantee the protection of the information from misuse, accidental disclosure or unauthorised acts by others.
Categories of information
NaturEtrade will collect and securely store two principle categories of information:
- Personal information of woodland owners: Name, address, phone number, fax number, email.
- Resource assessment information: areas of woodland cover, species composition, state of woodland management.
Personal information will not be passed onto any third party and will be solely stored and managed by NaturEtrade. Should an individual choose to close their user account this information will no longer be held by NaturEtrade and deleted or destroyed in a manner that complies with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Resource information that will not in any way relate to or be linked with personal data, may be used to compile statistics on the land resource in the UK. Statistics may be published or passed onto third parties. These statistics will not be specific to a local area and will present information at a minimum granularity of the district or county level.